News 23 Aug 11

Oil Pipeline Decision Deadline Extended

Bulgaria's Environment Ministry has extended the submission deadline for the environmental impact assessment on the Bourgas-Alexandroupolis oil pipeline project until 30 September, according to reports.

BTA / Sofia Echo
Sofia

The new deadline was requested in mid-July by Trans Balkan Pipeline, the international company behind the project, which is 51 per cent owned by Russian companies, with the remaining 49 per cent stake being equally split between Bulgaria and Greece.

In late June, Bulgarian Environment Minister Nona Karadjova gave the investor two more months to present the reworked study, saying no more delays would be tolerated.

The minister then said the environmental impact report had to be fleshed out as its content was insufficient to make an objective and comprehensive decision.

The ministry has so far rejected the assessment three times.

According to Moscow's estimates, Sofia should contribute €7.3 million for the stalled project.
The Bulgarian Government raised the capital of Project Company Bourgas - Alexandroupolis Oil Pipeline BG by 150 000 leva in the middle of July to keep the company operational until the fate of the project was clear.

The pipeline is expected to carry 35 million tonnes of oil per year.

Talk about it!

blog comments powered by Disqus

Related Headlines:

businessman-arranged-croatia-president-meetings-with-trump-s-men-01-19-2017
21 Jan 17

Businessman Bonded Croatia President to Trump Team

US businessman Jeffory Blackard says fruitful meetings he arranged in the US for Croatia's President gave her a head start on most world leaders when it comes to Team Trump.

20 Jan 17

Bosnian Serb Invites to Trump Gala Disputed

20 Jan 17

Birth of Trump Era Divides Balkan Countries

20 Jan 17

Croatian School Removes Anne Frank Exhibition

20 Jan 17

Croatia Accused of Forcing Asylum-Seekers Out

20 Jan 17

Balkan States Eye Their Prospects in Trump Era

Premium Selection

birth-of-trump-era-divides-balkan-countries-01-20-2017
20 Jan 17

Birth of Trump Era Divides Balkan Countries

Right-wing Serbs are euphoric while Romanians and Bosniaks are worried. All over the Balkans, governments and people are watching to see what a new era in US diplomacy brings.

kosovo-s-serbs-feel-frightened-insecure-and-misused-01-19-2017
19 Jan 17

Kosovo’s Serbs Feel Frightened, Insecure and Misused

Serbs in Kosovo say that the recent ‘propaganda train’ dispute between Belgrade and Pristina left them worried about their security and fearful that they are being used as political pawns.

18 Jan 17

Serbia Urged to Build on Results of 2016

17 Jan 17

Dodik’s Secession Talk Keeps Bosnia on Edge

17 Jan 17

Young Albanians Strike Gold in the Emirates

Latest News from the Balkans

20 Jan 17

Bosnian Serb Invites to Trump Gala Disputed

20 Jan 17

Croatian School Removes Anne Frank Exhibition

20 Jan 17

Croatia Accused of Forcing Asylum-Seekers Out