A Court in Bihac confirmed an indictment against a Bosnian Serb, Slavko Stricevic, for the killings of three Bosniak prisoners-of-war in the northern town of Bosanski Petrovac in 1992.
The former member of the Republika Srpska police reserve is charged with killing three Bosniak prisoners in June 1992.
He is charged alongside two former members of the Republika Srpska Army, Obrad Ozegovic and Milutin Babic.
“After villagers from Jasenovac apprehended Bosniaks Mustafa Cikota, Emsud Smailovic and Sadko Burnic on June 28, 1992, Slavko Stricevic - also known as Svabo - physically abused them during interrogation, striking their heads with his fists,” the indictment of the Cantonal Prosecution in Bihac says.
After Burnic fell to the ground from the force of the blows, the indictment continues, Ozegovic killed him with a rifle.
The indictment says Stricevic then ordered the two other prisoners to place Burnic's body in a tractor. Together with Babic they took them to the Dervisaeva jama pit where the two other prisoners were then killed.
“To cover the crime, the bodies of the prisoners were thrown into a 20-metre-deep pit,” the indictment adds.
The prosecution noted that Ozegovic and Babic are not currently available to the judiciary in Bosnia.
Stricevic was arrested in Derventa, northern Bosnia, in May by the Bosnian State Investigation and Protection agency, SIPA. He has been in custody since then.
He is due to enter his plea in the next 15 days.